Friday, October 13, 2017

I got started with JupyterLab

I just got started with JupyterLab.

From the official page, JupyterLab is
An extensible environment for interactive and reproducible computing, based on the Jupyter Notebook and Architecture.

As you know, Jupyter is very useful tool. To use it efficiently directly improves your efficiency of work. JupyterLab showed the possibility at least to me.



How to install


Simply, by executing following commands on your terminal, JupyterLab will be installed.

pip install jupyterlab
jupyter serverextension enable --py jupyterlab

What it is like


On your terminal, the command below starts JupyterLab.

jupyter lab

Visually, the JupyterLab is like this.

enter image description here

As you can see, on JupyterLab, you can split the windows. Personally, I think this is big advantage.
Also as Rstudio, it can show csv file on it.



Probably, It has some more functions. I’ll try those little by little.

Official page